Welcome

Our Story

A Look At the past...

In the early 1800s, the Elberton community decided there was a need for a Methodist church in the city. On October 15, 1815, the Elberton Methodist Church was officially founded! Originally, we were apart of the Broad River Circuit. In 1820, the first building was constructed not far from our current location.

In 1848, a frame building was constructed at our current location, but as the church grew, the building quickly became incapable of supporting the church. Construction began on our current Sanctuary in 1886, and was completed in 1889. When the Sanctuary first opened, the "Tracker Action" organ was installed.

During the 1950s and 1960s, the church continued to grow. Two building projects of constructing an Education Building and Fellowship Hall with a student center upstairs were completed. In 1989 and 1990, the Fellowship Hall was expanded, an industrial Kitchen, elevator and additional parking was added to keep up with the continuing growth.

 In 2003, the church purchased the Palm and Granite Building, renamed the Bozeman Building after former Pastor, Rev. Jack R. Bozeman. This space is used for small groups and Bible studies.

In 2009, the church launched the "It's Our Time" campaign to complete a new building project, including the construction of the Contemporary Worship Building and the installation of a new organ in the Sanctuary. During this construction project, the 121-year-old “Tracker Action” organ was retired, and a new pipe organ, built by A. E. Schlueter Pipe Organ Company, was installed. The Crossroads Connection Center provides a contemporary worship space for our 9 AM “Crossroads” Service, Seasonal & Community services, and special drama and musical presentations.
Outside Cross during ordinary time
1st Youth
Sanctuary Stained Glass Window
Rise Against Hunger 2019

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday at 9 am or 11 am!